Job opening: Assistant Accountant
deSter, part of gategroup, designs and manufactures food packaging, serving both foodservice and airline customers worldwide. By capturing the customer’s unique style and individual needs we create innovative, functional and user-friendly packaging.
We have always had a strong focus on minimizing the environmental impact of our products. deSter has cultivated a working environment that focuses on improving the state-of-the-art. In this way, we have realized significant progress in delivering sustainable packaging. We identify the development of sustainable tableware and packaging for the circular economy as one of our key strategic initiatives.
Preparing, conducting and following up correct general and cost accounting. Making reconciliations, analyses of figures and reports of deviations in his/her sub-area.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Conducting accounting transactions on a daily basis (see below)
- Timely and accurate month end closings
- Actively contribute to the standardization/efficiency/optimization of procedures/processes
- Prepare reconciliations of assigned accounts
- Timely follow up of 'aged items' on certain accounts and propose action plan to the direct line manager (e.g. unapproved invoices)
- Periodic distribution of incoming postal mail - handle incoming emails in the finance mail inbox'
- Responsible for incoming phones for Finance department
Conducting accounting transactions:
· Accounts Payable:
o Register and book stock and transport invoices, signal large and unusual invoices to Supervisor
o Sending blocked invoices for approval and further follow-up of these in accordance with authorization matrix
- VAT compliant invoices review + process + follow up in order to comply with VAT legislation
- Various journal entries: preparing, booking, and following up various journal entries
- Accounting processing of customs documents
- Preparing and sending out proofs of payment
- Register bank statements
- Keep suppliers bank details updated in our systems
- Monthly closing of the accounts and associated tasks (e.g. chargeback)
- Follow up of open supplier lists including the implementation of actions in case of blocked invoices
- Preparation of manual sales invoices, e.g. waste sale...
- Intrastat declaration and NIS declaration
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent through experience
- Requires accounting experience
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Good knowledge of finance business processes
- Standard PC knowledge: word, excel, outlook
Language / Communication Skills:
- English, spoken and written: advanced knowledge
- Dutch, spoken and written: advanced knowledge