Job opening: Senior Key Account & Operations Manager
As Senior Customer Service & Operations Manager, you are located in Seattle, managing one of our Key Accounts. You are in charge of the end-to-end equipment life cycle ensuring always an exceptional service. Working for deSter offers you the possibility to work within an interesting and versatile industry and to get acquainted with processes of an innovative and worldwide operating company. deSter is a leading provider of innovative food packaging and serviceware concepts to the aviation and food service industry.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages one of the Company’s Key Accounts and is the key point of contact in all operational aspects.
- Manages the equipment life cycle of the Key Account which includes: forecasting and stock management in the network (at station level and warehouse level), avoiding over stock and stock outs (service failures).
- Ensures flawless product implementation activities in alignment with customers' requirements.
- Supports Operations with menu changes and presentations.
- Maintains daily par levels in all the kitchens in the network (tight inventory control) in accordance with customers' standards.
- Investigates, develops and implements corrective actions in the event of quality issues as well as ensures adequate complaint management.
- Guarantees flawlessly equipment tenders involving not only deSter but also other traders and manufacturers.
- Ensures timely and in full deliveries and replenishments according to customer specifications for nominated and non-nominated suppliers. This includes, through a team of buyers, running the material resource planning (MRP) module, issuing call-offs and coordinating with equipment, food and beverage vendors as well as 3PLs to ensure a flawless supply chain.
- Manages stations across Customer's networks. This involves equipment deliveries, returns, report of stock levels and confirmation of orders under a push and pull models.
- Manages our 4PL provider to ensure that all outbound, inbound and warehouse operations are executed flawlessly and according to customer standards.
- Ensures delivery of COMAT shipments to all stations across the network.
- Ensures a smooth flow of information and interface with customers, 3PLs, material suppliers and stations.
- Participates in special customer projects as instructed by the Business Development Director, Americas.
- Ensures the team delivers a proper audit of material invoices and logistics service invoices.
- Ensures clarification of discrepancies and appropriate actions taken.
- Runs ad hoc analysis and reports on equipment usage, stock levels, forecasting, etc.
- Structures and prepares quarterly business reviews (QBRs) with our key customer that will include reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and updates on key strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years of work experience with at least 4 years of proven experience in the area of supply chain and account management in an airline related environment.
- Experience in managing and coaching teams to excel in customer service.
- International experience is a plus.
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Experience in using SAP preferred
- Experience with MRP is mandatory.
- Experience with DRP preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Language / Communication Skills:
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving and process improvement skills as well as results driven.
- Demonstrable record of understanding and meeting customer expectations and key drivers for delivering an outstanding service.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal skills